Arduino & motor sheild & xbee sheild
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Arduino & motor sheild & xbee sheild

by duck on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Is it possible to mate the motor shield & the xbee shield at the same time on the arduino? It looks like they would both fit you you put the xbee shield on top, as it moves the headers around, and blocks the power pins. This would require more black headers on all the pins that the xbee shield uses, assuming everything fits.

This also assumes that the two shields use different pins. And this applies even if they don't go directly ontop of one another. I honestly can't find a list of all the pins each shield uses. I know the xbee uses tx/rx. But it also taps ICSP, the lower digital bank and the analog bank on the arduino.The motor shield appears to cover the ICSP bank with the screw headers but if it is unused the connector on the xbee shield could be removed. The motor shield has to use at least one pin and it looks like it uses more. The deserializer is throwing me off trying to count.

Has anyone attempted this? I am a drunk monkey when it comes to any soldering so I am trying to avoid assembling the parts myself. That is in addition to the size reduction from directly stacking the shields.

Thanks
duck

Re: Arduino & motor sheild & xbee sheild

by thefatmoop on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:08 am

thefatmoop

Re: Arduino & motor sheild & xbee sheild

by ironwing on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Just wondering if you figured it out duck, this is something that i'm very interested in but haven't got and anwser on yet.

Thanks
ironwing

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.