Cant find flora on selected port
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Cant find flora on selected port

by jmoses114 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:19 pm

I just finished installing the driver for my new flora on my windows 8 machine and attempted to get the strandtest sample code to work to test out some sewable LEDs i bought with it, and for whatever reason I am unable to upload my code to my flora. I checked my board and i am definitely trying to upload the code to the Adafruit Flora board, and the com port is right as well. I opened up Device Manager to see which devices were connected and lo and behold Flora was on that list.

Strangely enough, when i attempt to upload some code onto it, i noticed the device manager reloading a few times during the upload process and then flora would disappear from the list! Every time I would click upload, it is as if my computer no longer recognizes that my flora is connected or forces it to disconnect. After attempting the upload, the reset button on the flora does nothing. Ive been able to try this process several times by physically disconnecting the flora from the usb port and plugging it back in. After that it works fine, and the reset button on the flora works, up until i try to upload it again.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver software.

I appreciate any and all help! :)

jmoses114

Re: Cant find flora on selected port

by adafruit2 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:52 pm

what happens if the flora is plugged in and you press the reset button, does the bootloader COM port show up? do you get the red led pulsing?

adafruit2
Site Admin

by jmoses114 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:39 pm

No I've never gotten any red LED's pulsing. When I initially turn on the flora it flashes some yellowish LED's then they turn off and the green ON led turns on and stays on, and every time I press the reset button the yellow LED's flash again and then the green one stays on just like I mentioned previously. The only time this doesn't occur is when I attempt to upload something. After I try to upload something, Arduino, the program, tells me it can't find the board on the selected port even though the flora is definitely on that port (and I don't have any other ports) and then the floras reset button no longer does anything. Pressing the button doesn't make any other lights flash or anything, it just keeps the green led on as if it is frozen or something has timed out or something.

jmoses114

by adafruit2 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:21 pm

can you try another USB cable? if the red LED never pulses...thats really odd!

adafruit2
Site Admin

by jmoses114 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:51 pm

I have been using the same cable I use to charge my phone so maybe that's why yeah it could be the cable. I will try another cable when I get one and I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the support

jmoses114

by jmoses114 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:31 pm

I bought a micro USB cable from you guys and that doesnt seem to be my issue. Im still having the same problem described above. The RX and TX lights light up once whenever i try to upload some code onto the board and then my computer makes a noise as if a device that was connected, has been disconnected, then Arduino says there is a problem finding a board on the selected port. Still very strange as there is no red flashing LED at any point from when i turn it on to when i try to upload code. Also the reset button does not indicate it is doing anything. The green ON light continues to be on and no other light flashes when i press the reset button. :(

jmoses114

by adafruit2 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:50 pm

not sure what else it could be, lets get you a new one - email support@adafruit and ask for a new flora with a link to this thread :)

adafruit2
Site Admin

by jmoses114 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Thank you!

jmoses114

by arduniousers on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:50 pm

I don't know how to make a post but the INF file for the flora driver says the certificate doesn't contain digital signature information and it won't let me select a port. Help?

arduniousers

by adafruit2 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:02 pm

arduinousers, please make a new thread. thanks :)

adafruit2
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.