Going wireless with Arduino? Need advice for Max/MSP project
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Going wireless with Arduino? Need advice for Max/MSP project

by zigguratatat on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:20 pm

My nephew is learning Max/MSP and has a project.

I would now like to buy him some hardware so he can go 'wireless'.

I need some hardware so that his four proximity sensors that are each six feet apart can communicate wirelessly to his Apple Mac. His teacher said I would need some X-Bee wireless modules (?) for his sensors and an Arduino USB board (?) connected to his Mac. At the moment his sensors are wired to his computer.

He also has a robot that moves about on the floor as people walk past the sensors. This again is wired/connected to his computer. He wants to be able to have his robot roaming the floor wirelessly. So what would he need to mount on his robot and connected to his servos and motor so his robot can cause chaos without any attached wires! Thanks.
zigguratatat

Re: Going wireless with Arduino? Need advice for Max/MSP project

by adafruit on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:43 pm

how is the robot controlled now? do you have a web page or catalog page with info about it?

adafruit

by zigguratatat on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:35 pm

The robot is controlled using a hacked USB micro-system (the original unit is made by Infusion Systems / i-Cubex).

My nephew has been advised to move away from the i-Cubex system and use Arduino and X-Bee for his setup with (we have now seen) something like ladyada's motor shield.
zigguratatat

by adafruit on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:06 pm

do you have a link to the icubex system currently used? like a webpage or datasheet.

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.