Adafruit Industries, Essential service and business: NYC – Executive Order 202.6 - Read more. Accepting essential orders - here's how.

Arduino 328 question
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Arduino 328 question

by Nachtwind on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:13 am

Hi,
I just received your 328, installed the IDE and tried to compile a program which was the reason for me to buy that controller in the first place ;0)

But well, as things turned out it is not so easy as i thought at first.
Anyway, i tried to run your GPS Logging stuff (now with soft serial and stuff) but i was stopped at compiletime with the followng error:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
In file included from /sd_raw.h:15,
                 from /AF_SDLog.h:5,
                 from AF_SDLog.cpp:2:
/sd_raw_config.h:88:6: error: #error "no sd/mmc pin mapping available!"
In file included from hardware\libraries\AF_SDLog/sd_raw.h:15,

from hardware\libraries\AF_SDLog/AF_SDLog.h:5,

hardware\libraries\AF_SDLog/sd_raw_config.h:88:6: error: #error "no sd/mmc pin mapping available!"

Said and done i looked into the raw config and found the quite obvious defines:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
#if defined(__AVR_ATmega8__) || \
    defined(__AVR_ATmega48__) || \
    defined(__AVR_ATmega88__) || \
    defined(__AVR_ATmega168__)

Now just as the simple question - what do i have to add for the 328? I tried defined(__AVR_ATmega328p__) and defined(__AVR_ATmega328__) yet without luck.
May you help me?
Nachtwind

Re: Arduino 328 question

by mtbf0 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:31 pm

from the crazy mix of /'s and \'s in your directory strings i assume you're running some product from the beast of redmond, which, for once, turns out to be a good thing. (well, maybe) follow the instructions at the bottom of this page.
"i want to lead a dissipate existence, play scratchy records and enjoy my decline" - iggy pop, i need more
mtbf0

by Nachtwind on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:30 am

I actually did that yet unfortunately not all custom libraries are compatible to the 328. Anyway, i found out myself - i was on the right way yet only that it was __AVR_ATmega328P__ and not __AVR_ATmega328p__ ;0)

And i am proud to be one of the few people who use Windows and love it more than any other existing* Operating System ;0)

(*Workbench 1.3 doesnt count for it is quite fossil-like nowadays)
Nachtwind

by mtbf0 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:12 am

Nachtwind wrote:And i am proud to be one of the few people who use Windows and love it more than any other existing* Operating System ;0)

sorry, i occasionally grow cranky trying to guess what people are running. you windows guys are probably the worst in that regard. my eyes sometimes bleed from scouring a post for the odd "com1" or "\." linux users are generally used to having to identify their distro. and apple users, i guess they just love their stuff so much that they just have to let us know.

i love my little arrrghuinos because it's just me and my code. no o/s at all. ahhhh.
"i want to lead a dissipate existence, play scratchy records and enjoy my decline" - iggy pop, i need more
mtbf0

by Nachtwind on Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:25 am

Interestering way to see it ;0)
I have to admit that i quite like some Linux distros like Mandriva or my good old Debian3 - but as it comes to my PCs, and there especially to my Laptop (HP Pavillion) i grew to like Windows more and more as it turned out that i havent got any luck finding the right distro or drivers for my laptop, left aside that there dont exist certain drivers for some of my hardware for linux.. if it was that way linux would definetely the first choice...
Nachtwind

by mtbf0 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:00 am

i've been using suse what seems like forever, originally because even back when you'd still find whole sentences in german in the manuals the documentation was still the best out there. it was sometimes a struggle, but i was always able to get it running and once i did it was solid. these days it always just runs out of the box, (or off the internet).

that said, my package of 328's that i ordered from lady ada's first batch is still sitting around unopened, because i've been too lazy to rebuild the toolchain.

man, doesn't that sound lame.
mtbf0

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.