Seeeduino Cloud is not processing python script, but Arduino

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
doktorinjh

Seeeduino Cloud is not processing python script, but Arduino

Post by doktorinjh »

Due to the Yun becoming less and less available, I'm trying to switch to the Seeeduino Cloud. Unfortunately, I can't get the Cloud to process a python script that has always run successfully on the Yun. I have tested the python script and it runs fine and I've doubled checked the sketch and scripts by using the exact code on a factory reset Yun, but I can't get the Cloud to process the python script. Every other aspect of the sketch appears to be fine, but it's all for nothing without the script.

The script in question goes out to a weather site, parses some weather data, and then creates a new python file with the weather information. I can't get the Cloud to generate the second file, which the sketch then reads for input across the Bridge. I've tested the internet connection and it works, I've tested the scripts on my desktop and a Yun, and they work, but it appears that I can't create the variable file that I need.

Any thoughts or help would be great!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Seeeduino Cloud is not processing python script, but Ard

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You should check with Seed Studio about any known differences between their board and the Yun. We don't have any experience with the Seeduino Cloud boards.

doktorinjh

Re: Seeeduino Cloud is not processing python script, but Ard

Post by doktorinjh »

Thanks Bill, I'll try and reach out to them, too.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”