Need a Design Review of Raspberry Pi-related PCB

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
mikeschinkel

Need a Design Review of Raspberry Pi-related PCB

Post by mikeschinkel »

Hi All,

I am one of a two person team -- I am a technical marketer and he is the design engineer -- and we have designed a unique but general-purpose Raspberry Pi-related PCB that combines a RPi Compute Module and battery power and we are now at the point we'd like to get several others who know who to design electronics to review the design for us and make any suggestions or recommendations.

Once we are satisfied with the design and have found others who also thinks it is a good design we plan to have a handful made for testing and would be happy to provide a prototype to anyone who helps us with a good design review. And once we are happy that the design we plan a Kickstarter to launch the product and we'll be happy to provide anyone who helps us with a good design review a completed product too.

And I promise it is a unique product unlike anything currently available; something we think fills an existing hole in the market. We are mostly targeting entrepreneurs (vs. hobbyist makers) that want to easily build a small battery-powered Pi device but doesn't want to have to design their own PCB nor have a case made, etc. It will be a base for a no-solder turnkey approach to assembling SBC products for sale; just add software. And it will be a platform vs. just a product as it will offer an extensibility model for really low-cost extensibility.

Plus, if anyone from Adafruit is willing to discuss it with us we would really like to hear from you as we'd love to have Adafruit carry it (and possibly even be licensed to manufacture it) once we have a successful Kickstarter.

Thanks in advance for anyone who responds.

-Mike

SDMI

Re: Need a Design Review of Raspberry Pi-related PCB

Post by SDMI »

Hello, Perhaps I can lend a hand.

I have experience with similar integrated solutions. I am able to provide prototype and manufacturing services and specialize in design for manufacturing.

You may find contact information at www.sdmideas.com

mikeschinkel

Re: Need a Design Review of Raspberry Pi-related PCB

Post by mikeschinkel »

I just saw this, I am sorry I did not reply sooner,

Yes! Thank you. I will contact you directly as you suggested.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”