Custom GPS Antenna?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
dmoczulski

Custom GPS Antenna?

Post by dmoczulski »

Hope this is the correct section, if not, I apologize, it didn't really seem to fit anywhere. I've been prototyping a product for about a year now. Have made various tweaks and revisions and am getting close to where I'm happy with it. So The next step will be to custom design the PCB, etc. However, a vital part of the device is GPS. I've had mixed luck with using just a small ceramic patch antenna. Using an external antenna for the final product is not an option. Does anyone know of or recommend anywhere that will custom design a GPS antenna for you? I was curious how devices like Garmin watches have such good GPS signal and it looks like the entire top of the case is a big antenna. I've heard the case in the Apple Watch Series 2 is also a GPS antenna. So anyone know where I can look to get something like that made? I'm going to order a Taoglas FXP611 and see if maybe that can work if I put it inside something. But the device will need to be 40mmX40mm, and I'm looking to go smaller. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”