i need info on leds

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
romell90

i need info on leds

Post by romell90 »

im looking for small (very small) leds like the ones found in cell phones like an old nokia or leds like the ones in led message belts. cannot find because i dont know what there called. im trying to make a similar chip to the belt buckles chip if u've seen one before, but about the size of a square cup coaster or ceramic tile. just need info on where i can buy hundreds of these leds and what there called.

adafruit

Re: i need info on leds

Post by adafruit »

they're 0603 LEDs

romell90

Post by romell90 »

omg thank you, found them. cheap price too. this is like my first project. ever. any input on this project of mine i would greatly appreciate it. the chip size is (L 4.25" by W 3.75") trying to get at least 50 leds on board. LEDs dim. are (1.6 x 0.8 x 0.6 mm)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

this is a not a good 'first project'
0603 are hard to work with and require good tools.
you should get large LEDs doing what you want first. then you can miniaturize

westfw

Post by westfw »

What The Lady said.
You know you can get LED Matrix displays with 64 individual LEDs for pretty cheap:

A much friendlier place to start working with lots of LEDs...

charliex

Post by charliex »

yeah there could be a 0603 in westfw's picture, and you wouldn't see it. I thought there was at first, but it was just a dust spec on the monitor.

romell90

Post by romell90 »

what about Axsolight High Power LEDs. anyone know about these? please post info.
And your right about them being difficult , tried out a few with a tech buddy of mine, and smaller than i expected the LEDs to be.

im going to try working with 2mm LEDs first and see how they work out in my project.
oh and i might be able to use the matrix, dont they come with multicolor leds?

DorianG

Post by DorianG »

Hello my question is about "resistors to match a multiplexed led matrix" i got a project for my son a 20x10 led matrix runing from a atmega32 and BC818 tranzistors, the schematic is from
- Daniel's Blog - http://dhassel.de/projects/cool/led-matrix-display/
and schematic
http://dhassel.de/images/projects/2012- ... splay8.png
the problem is - i don t now the value of the resistors from transistor BC818 pin toled in matrix (R21-R40)
- plz help me i'm afraid not to burn my atmel32
- thank you very much sory for my engless

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”