Recommendations for small run pcb assembly?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
Cassie_Zhou

Re: Recommendations for small run pcb assembly?

Post by Cassie_Zhou »

Hampoo Electronics is a suggestion. They provide PCB assembly and manufacturing service with competitive price. Here is the link: http://ems.hampoo.com

dshay

Re: Recommendations for small run pcb assembly?

Post by dshay »

I have had a great experience with PCB4U's 10 piece deal, company called Accutrace, Inc based out of Santa Clara, CA.

http://pcb4u.com/a1ad77.asp

Please understand, this deal is only for LEAD ALL/Non-RoHS finish. You'll pay a little extra for lead free finishes.

I'm looking at my invoice now and the deal was $3.00 per board and then I was allowed under a promotion to double my quantity for half off. I purchased 13 boards at $3 and then got another 13 at $1.50, ended up being a little under $60 without shipping. Thick green boards with a sweet looking glossy finish. They're operating out of the US and Jodi from customer service was extremely pleasant.

Besides them I had decent luck with Elcrow Bazaar out of China. Their drill holes were a little off so I wouldn't want to get ambitious with small VIAS on my board with them. It's important to qualify your suppliers and see what their tolerances are, and if you're looking to save money with those kinds of operations fatten your vias/traces and watch out for overetching/overpours shorts.

I had a bad batch from OSHPark once but they credited me quickly after giving them a microscope picture of the defects, so cudos to them, they get an A+ for customer service. Overetching and drills were off . I should say that was 1 bad batch out of the 10 or so I've bought from them and I will definitely use them again. They've come through a couple times when I noticed mistakes after sending gerbers off but before the panel was sent off.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”