Transitioning Prototypes to High Volume Manufacturing

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
snappystannesalem

Transitioning Prototypes to High Volume Manufacturing

Post by snappystannesalem »

Hi Ladyada,

Love your stuff but I have a non-technical issue. A boring business issue.
What do you recommend for your minions who prototype an automotive solution for instance and start selling it.
And then, they foresee very quickly that they will have to ramp up to high part volumes ASAP.

Can you guys support high volume orders for assembled kits?

Can you guys support assembling multiple kits and maybe a third party Wi-Fi SD Card from where ever into a custom prototype solutions?

Can you guys transition hobbyists multi kit prototypes into smallest & lowest cost real product design implementations?

Do you guys have contacts with Asian manufacturers who could be contracted by Adafruit for bulk/lot order builds?

I work at the Volpe DOT right off the MIT Campus at 55 Broadway. Did you used to use that Main St Post Office when you were building kits in your dorm room (where Broadway & Main St intersect)?

Boring boring boring business and transitioning to manufacturing issues...

Thanks in advance for your support of my product-ization problems.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Transitioning Prototypes to High Volume Manufacturing

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

[Moved to KitBiz]
We do not offer assembly or custom manufacturing services. Some of the members here on the KitBiz forum may be able to help you out there. We also have a Jobs board which has a section for contract work: http://adafruit.com/jobs/

snappystannesalem

Post by snappystannesalem »

Thanks guy. I got in touch with Tully Gehan. He is a samuraicircuits.com rep. He is already preparing my quote.

High Volume Manufacturing is just a click away from adafruit.com .

Appreciate your help and products.

smj

clarkj

Post by clarkj »

If your product is purely, or almost purely, electronics, and your quantities are at least in the 500 range or greater, track down your local Arrow rep and have a chat with her/him. They have some good services for such things. (They will do prototypes/short runs as well, but for these, they're too pricey for my tastes.)

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”