Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Preferred commerce software for small business?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Preferred commerce software for small business?

by jerware on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:56 pm

I recently started a small company to sell open source projects (ledseq.com), and I'm completely dumbfounded by the number of software packages I'm expected to employ. We currently maintain the following:

WooCommerce storefront/shopping cart
Braintree for credit card transactions
Shipstation for package label printing
USPS & Endicia for postage purchasing
Quickbooks
TurboTax

We actually haven't started to use Quickbooks yet, but plan to because we need a better funnel through which to pass information to TurboTax. I'm curious how our suite of software solutions compares to Adafruit or anyone else running a small business. It seems like in an ideal world, all of these software packages would be bundled into one online cloud service. In the meantime, perhaps there is a better platform than WooCommerce that simplifies the data flow, and I'd be curious to hear other solutions.

jerware

Re: Preferred commerce software for small business?

by ronald03 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:56 pm

Have yet to have a downloaded Class for (PYTHON) work 'out of the box'. Why to I get indentation errors for Adafruit_CharLCD.py?

ronald03

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.