Bridging maker boutiques and designers

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
AnneBarela
Learn User Page

Bridging maker boutiques and designers

Post by AnneBarela »

Adafruit, Sparkfun and others are raising the capability for folks looking to market their ideas. But there is still a gap if the design team is not skilled enough in electronics or code. They can take a few paths:

1) develop the skills to do it themselves (takes time)
2) hire the skills (takes money)

Certainly maker boutiques encourage do it themselves - make more makers. By far the teach them to fish plan.

But perhaps an ecosystem of technical folks could be available to help those designers with their one-off hurtles. This would be tough for a company to do, perhaps a group of people on Google Help outs could make a go of something like this?

I'm thinking a use case would be a wearable team without a tech person as an example.

Thoughts?

(And no I'm not planning to do this myself, I've just read enough blog posts where the implementation is a bit too much for a project and they are looking for help beyond that Adafruit can supply like custom code or project electrical design)

Franklin97355

Re: Bridging maker boutiques and designers

Post by Franklin97355 »

Online there are the forums for products, programming and ideas. If someone needs help with a one-off there are places like the jobs board here and in some places, and growing, there are hacker spaces with tools and knowledgeable people.

lyndon

Post by lyndon »

I answer lots of questions on electronics.stackexchange.com That seems like an appropriate forum for questions like that.

AnneBarela
Learn User Page

Post by AnneBarela »

Feel free to cross post

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”