LOCKED- READ THREAD, BUYER BEWARE - Xoxbox group buy ~ $450?

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
helyx525

Re: completed Xoxbox group buy, ~ $450?

Post by helyx525 »

I emailed Technology Transplant last night asking them to post in the thread, but no response yet.

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

Helyx525 wrote:I emailed Technology Transplant last night asking them to post in the thread, but no response yet.
I only have limited experience with TT, but they never responded to anything I sent (ever).

helyx525

Post by helyx525 »

I've had about 6 emails back and forth in the last week with them, so I would hope they would say something.

isak

Post by isak »

so I would hope they would say something.
for them i hope they will answer :evil:
coz if they dont they will get mad israeli ppl, and no one from israel will never buy from them EVER!!! that i can promise :!:
not to mention my good name in the big israeli forum.. :oops:
make sure they will answer man, i dont want any mistakes with my guys.

phono

Post by phono »

mome rath wrote:
Helyx525 wrote:I emailed Technology Transplant last night asking them to post in the thread, but no response yet.
I only have limited experience with TT, but they never responded to anything I sent (ever).
they responded quite fast when i ordered an 808 switch set at work which arrived damaged.

isak

Post by isak »

they responded quite fast when i ordered an 808 switch set at work which arrived damaged.
did u sent a complain to them about that?
did they sent you a new one?

helyx525

Post by helyx525 »

Really? Wow. Did they replace the damaged parts?

I've ordered maybe a dozen kits from them over the last decade and never had a problem.
I've replaced the button boards and pots on my 303, 606 and 808, Put in custom LED lights on my SL1200s etc.

I just checked Technology Transplants shipping/return policies on their website:
http://www.technologytransplant.com/inf ... ?info_id=2

In particular:
12. Freight Damage. If you receive merchandise that has been damaged in transit, it is important to keep the shipping carton, packing material and parts intact. Please login to your account and select Return Merchandise.

13. Return Policy. Technology Transplant accepts merchandise returns subject to the terms outlined below and will replace the product or refund your money at your option.

To facilitate processing of returned merchandise:

Please use the on-line RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number prior to returning product.
All returns should be made within 30 days of date of invoice and be accompanied by the original invoice number and a brief explanation of the reason for the return.
Return freight charge must be prepaid. C.O.D. returns will not be accepted.
Returned merchandise must be in original packaging and in resalable condition.
Defective merchandise may be returned within 90 days of the original invoice date and need not be in original packaging.
It looks like as the distributor, I can exchange any units damaged in shipping and RMA them within 30 days.

helyx525

Post by helyx525 »

I received an email from CY from TT this evening. CY said he cannot get directly involved in the group buy, so he cannot post here. However he is setting up a page on the Technology Transplant web site that will have more details as well as warranty info. I will post an update when it is ready.

I have also asked CY to email Phono and Isak with confirmation that I am acting as a distributor for TT. I didnt have anyone else's email address at the time, sorry.

-Dan G.

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

good luck, brave soldiers

phono

Post by phono »

Helyx525 wrote:
Really? Wow. Did they replace the damaged parts?
it was damaged in transit, one of the switch hinges was completly broken off and many of the switchcaps were poorly aligned. Long story short i was able to repair it using the old switchboard and they gave me a partial refund.

spybar

Post by spybar »

Dan:
CY said he cannot get directly involved in the group buy, so he cannot post here. However he is setting up a page on the Technology Transplant web site that will have more details as well as warranty info. I will post an update when it is ready.
Hi mate,

Thank you Dan.
I really hope to see the page soon & to get some official TT's details! 8)

Cheers,

SpyBar

phono

Post by phono »

this arrived in my email

from technology transplant <[email protected]>
to [email protected]
cc [email protected]
date 15 May 2010 06:01
subject technology transplant oem xoxbox
mailed-by bounce.secureserver.net
Signed by yahoo.com

Hello.

I was asked by a distributor for our xoxboxes to make confirmation of our product.
My name is Cy I host the chipforbrains auctions for technology transplant on ebay.com
http://shop.ebay.com/chipforbrains/m.ht ... ksid=p4340

We have over-runs from a large OEM run in which we are selling off at special pricing on ebay
and for distributors who buy at least 3 units. These are limited and not to be featured as 'technology transplant' stock
on our web-site due to the fact it is not permanent inventory.

Manfacturing was done by technology transplant for Rollin Moss here in China.
All sales and support, including 1 year warranty. Is handled by myself, not rollin moss.

If you have any questions please our distributor should be able to assist you and is qualified to ask as the middle person
for such transactions.
For distrbution information in your country/area. Please just ask myself as we do have certain regions we require representation.

Sincerely, cy

isak

Post by isak »

he send this to me to and i reply to him, this is my reply :

Me:
Hi Cy

thank you for u'r mail Cy.
Dan is the organizer of the group, i'm just a "messenger" from Israel that take care to my people.
everything looks kosher in the site until it comes to the x0xb0x.
i think you need to publish our group buy (names and so..) in technology transplant site, its important to my people and for you if u want us to buy from you.
we are 12 people that means 4800$ cash that we pay, i think u should do what i ask you coz otherwise there will be no deal, every one on my side is skeptical (again coz there nothing on technology transplant site)
so please do what i ask, publish our group buy with a list of the people in it and then we will be ok, after that we can continue with the deal.

i have few questions..
1 : from where do u get the rare parts and what exactly the rare parts list is (sorry for asking but i do not believe in china products, there is alot of ic's and transistors fakes)
2 : the IC's and the Transistors in the x0xb0x, are they socked? if they are not socked can i ask you to do it please?
3 : what cine of resistors are inside the x0xb0x? is it 5% resistors or 1% resistors?
4 : can you send me spare parts if want? i'll pay for every thing of course.
5 : i want this deal to work out MAKE IT WORK OUT!!!!

thanks from advance my friend, please do understand that we want to buy as much as u want to sell and this days we should be very careful.
best regards..
Isak Eliyahu.
the reply of Cy :
Isak,

Thank you for your information.
To answer your questions.

Firstly, yes I will work to put up a registration and information page on technologytransplant.com
during the week.

1) We sourced our parts over the last 12 years quietly obsoleting them.

Our parts we released explicity for the xoxbox project during 2007-2009 by selling them on ebay.

We sold for instance 536, 2291, 1583, 4140, 6110 etc. to help people in this project.
We halted all sales exactly one year ago after the limited amount we wished to release was sold.
Besides hundreds of references to those sales on ebay.

I'm sure anyone of the following who sourced their parts from us will testify to quality.

http://www.xoxsource.com/
WillyZ http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback
http://www.classaelectronics.com/diabolicaldevices.html
http://www.thebeast.co.uk/

All of these people, to only name a few. Were able to successful build their units
with the very very very fair pricing we offered the parts for (and controlled the prices of).
And create the products they did. They and many more can recommend our parts
as they helped them in creating thousands of xoxboxes floating around.

We recently produced a very large run of machines for a local (china) company.
We have 20% excess from the run (about 200+ units which are down to about 150 now).
We use superior components to those above mentioned. Because we selected what we shipped them
obviously. But most parts they sourced from many different companies.
Because of our companies ability and relationships in Asia.

Our parts such as 733, 536. We custom ran. Using 733K (very high hfe of 450-500) and super low 536E and F
down to as low as 150hfe.
Our board also have the filter modified with specification to errors that were originally in the tb-303 design
and where not made for until last units were made. Essentially, the filter we use different transistors
that are better for ladder output.
We use panasonic or rubycon caps.
We use both 1% (strictly in the vco section) resistors and 5% else where as it is important in analog design
to give 'breathing room' to parts. Meaning, a 5% resistor should be used in many non critical areas to render personality.
And when most people are using 20% tolerance caps, it is redundent as the caps play a more important parts acoustically.
We pay special attention to the caps we used and polyesters are 5%.
We have the boards already ran. We only have the cpu & memory socketed as per original design.

Myself, and others with technology transplant have fought a non winning battle with counterfeitors from China,.
Which is additionally a reason why we stopped offereing 'rare' parts on ebay. As they always watch our auctions.
We have viewed on the groups more and more reports of counterfeits.
And thus why it was determined rather than putting others in danger. And us selling off our 2291 and 1583
stock for $3.50 each to other builders.
We make the xoxbox an affordable product.
The 'kit' itself is a very complex kit that will leave even the most seasoned engineer nearly bald by the time it is completed.
"* FLAME REMOVED *"
Lastly, yes depending on your order we can add some spare knobs, caps for switches etc.
I hope this all makes sense and welcome Dan or you to foward this (in etirely) and copy it to the xoxbox
thread. I am not a member and do not have the time to participate in this fashion unfortunately.
But I do have the time (as in the past) to keep this project alive and running. But we hope
also in the near future to take it many steps past what can currently be offered.

Sincerely, Cy
well.. i did post it as he requested.
the next step is up to you people :)
Last edited by isak on Mon May 17, 2010 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

helyx525

Post by helyx525 »

I got the same emails this morning. Thanks for posting them.

I like what he said about how the parts were selected and their problems with copycat counterfeiters were interesting.

He's talked to me a bit about their future plans last week and he alluded to it in this public message. I am not able to reveal anything yet, I am really looking forward to what they are working on next.

PS, can we PLEASE not get into any flame wars over his opinions on kit builder success rates? Thanks. I dont think he was trying to intentionally make any digs against Adafruit or builders in general.

-Dan G.

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

PS, can we PLEASE not get into any flame wars over his opinions on kit builder success rates? Thanks. I dont think he was trying to intentionally make any digs against Adafruit or builders in general
Seems pretty intentional to me. :?

He dose have good taste in panel design.

EDIT: sorry for the sharky comment- I hope you guys have a successful group buy.
Last edited by willzyx music on Sat May 15, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”