Looking for 2sa733P's or AP's, NEC legit ones

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
emx

Looking for 2sa733P's or AP's, NEC legit ones

Post by emx »

Seems that real 2sa733p's and AP's are hard to find. After meticulously picking through ebay listings for ones pictured and quoted as NEC brand and picturing exactly that I've had two sellers(one a well known "BANNED") send me Q's or a Korean made substitution. Anyone Know of any sites/sellers that have just NEC 2sa733P's or AP's. I'm not using them for a X0X, I'm building an 808 clone and either will work. PS, I've tried the Fairchild current production on both X0Xb0X builds and the 808 builds and they DO sound different.

Thanks

Gaetano

Re: Looking for 2sa733P's or AP's, NEC legit ones

Post by Gaetano »

I have some of all of these if interested, and that is (and probably would have been) my ad on eBay BTW, so serves you right for checking out my image and shopping elsewhere :) I find it hard to believe, that people are still trying to source these when I have some, for a lower price than I was able to get them for, when I wanted some for my stuff. I am not a salesman but I feel like one everytime I have to mention this.

These transistors 'were' very hard to find, as there 'are' so many fakes and copies.

I have 2SA733(AP) / 2SA733(P) / 2SC945(P) which the TR808 uses. And if a bunch of people want to do a group buy I can do a better price send them in a satchel.

I have tons of other Analog IC's and stuff including single, double and triple OTA's, and stuff which I have mentioned elsewhere such as MiniMoog TIS97's, .

emx

Post by emx »

That's awesome, I can't find you on ebay however at least not as Gaetano or any Australian sellers of 2sa733 on the U.S. side or AU side as of today unless I'm overlooking something. Yeah, I bought a X0X rare parts kit from you years ago that worked out great but I thought you were set-in-stone on only selling them as a full kit so I didn't ask though you were actually next on the list anyway. Will you sell the 733's (P's if you have them) in groups of 20 or so?

Gaetano

Post by Gaetano »

You will have to contact me as gaetano_au on the Electro-Music forum here as Adafruit does not allow PM's anymore:

http://electro-music.com/

emx

Post by emx »

Ok, still looking for 733's if anyone has them. looking for in the range of 15-30 of them give or take.

altitude

Post by altitude »

Why not just use regular 733s and sort by beta? The only difference between the A and AP parts was that the latter had a tighter spec on the beta of the part (300-350 IIRC). You will have no problem finding those in a bag of 100.. The notion that old parts somehow sound better is a myth. Someone at one point pulled a bunch of AP out of some Roland gear and measured them and they were all ~ 300

emx

Post by emx »

If you are referring to current production Fairchild 733p's as stated above I have tried them both socket-ed in my 808 build and my original X0Xb0x. I have tried with beta matched Fairchilds and NEC AP's on both the X0X and 808(The 808 uses standard P's which AP's fall into as far as beta range). I matched them to lower 300's on beta and they do sound different as stated, I can in fact hear a difference in that the NEC's are more aggressive/slightly dirty or more "hair" on the audio. I have Fairchild 733p's, generics, Korean generics, NEC AP's, AQ's Q and NEC k's that I have all tried out for giggles. I need more NEC brand AP's or P's not Fairchild or other brand. I could beta match the Fairchilds all day and they do play different.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”