for sale: Roland BA662A

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
crazy owen

Post by crazy owen »

omfgroflx2.

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

do what you want, but buyer beware: these won't make any difference

ironpyro

Post by ironpyro »

The chips work and they are genuine, so you shouldn't accuse me of trying to rip people off. It doesn't matter if they make a difference or not. People are willing to pay more for the novelty because they are what was in the original and extremely rare. If someone gave you the option of using either the BA662 or the BA6110 at no additional cost, you would be a bold faced liar if you said it didn't matter to you.

Now if you want to accuse me of price gouging, then go ahead, because I expect to get a premium price for these. But please don't accuse me of attempting to do anything dishonest.

phono

Post by phono »

i think you have missed a huge point, we are a community here and we are all about helping each other out, many of us do this quite often.

What you should do is write what you want for them or put them on ebay and be done with it.

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

ironpyro wrote:If someone gave you the option of using either the BA662 or the BA6110 at no additional cost, you would be a bold faced liar if you said it didn't matter to you.
no, i wouldn't. it doesn't :?
ironpyro wrote: Now if you want to accuse me of price gouging, then go ahead, because I expect to get a premium price for these. But please don't accuse me of attempting to do anything dishonest.
tb808!

ironpyro

Post by ironpyro »

phono wrote:i think you have missed a huge point, we are a community here and we are all about helping each other out, many of us do this quite often.

What you should do is write what you want for them or put them on ebay and be done with it.
Look, man. I didn't come here to start trouble. I was hoping to avoid going through ebay, so I came here, to the buy/sell/trade lounge, because I know there are people here who, despite what Mome Rath says, want BA662A's. Sorry I didn't know there was a jealous, lying wanker waiting to call me a scammer.
Last edited by ironpyro on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironpyro

Post by ironpyro »

mome rath wrote: no, i wouldn't. it doesn't :?
Yeah. Sure, buddy. You keep telling yourself that and eventually even you will believe it.
mome rath wrote: tb808!
Yes, thankyou for pointing out to everyone that I don't belong here. I'll go now. Real great forum you guys have here BTW. Very helpful. Very friendly.

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

ironpyro wrote:
mome rath wrote: no, i wouldn't. it doesn't :?
Yeah. Sure, buddy. You keep telling yourself that and eventually even you will believe it.
mome rath wrote: tb808!
Yes, thankyou for pointing out to everyone that I don't belong here. I'll go now. Real great forum you guys have here BTW. Very helpful. Very friendly.
you came here trying to get top dollar for a rare piece that's been hyped up to people with little experience with these kits, so they go out and spend 30 or 40 dollars on something that makes no difference in the fidelity of the sound of the revered alesis tb808.

that's pretty sleazy

niksun

Post by niksun »

Not that there's anything wrong with making a little profit, but I think being up front about the whole thing to begin with is always best. IMHO, you should have just advertised a price to begin with; having others *suggest* a price is a bit sleazy, yeah. Makes it seem as though you want to sucker someone into suggesting a price much higher than you thought you could originally get.

But who cares what I think...

phono

Post by phono »

ironpyro wrote:Sorry I didn't know there was a jealous, lying wanker waiting to call me a scammer.
excuse me? I think you'll find mome knows his stuff when it comes to x0x's, he's built enough of them. No one has an issue with you selling parts, and sure there are some that want them, the problem is you trying to get as you say a "premium price".

May i suggest you read this

http://www.subatomicglue.com/x0xl0g/ba6 ... index.html

crazy owen

Post by crazy owen »

ironpyro wrote: Sorry I didn't know there was a jealous, lying wanker waiting to call me a scammer.
wow ur a dick!

IMHO instead of buying an expensive vintage chip, I'd rather use a Novation Dronestation, they recreate the tb808 sounds so well that nobody can tell the difference anyways and it also has a dr-909 kit too!

:)

GoldDope

Post by GoldDope »

wow,all these Tb808`s and Dr909`s flying around !!

makes me want to buy an Arp Sh101 !!

vlady

Post by vlady »

ironpyro wrote:Yes, thankyou for pointing out to everyone that I don't belong here. I'll go now. Real great forum you guys have here BTW. Very helpful. Very friendly.
:lol: Its not about not belonging. And this IS a great forum with very helpfull and very friendly people. That's just the reason that we react this way to things of this nature. If you had any sort of brains, you'd realize that the 6220As do NOT make a difference in the sound... besides making it quieter. So guess what, I wouldn't want that. It might blow your mind that some people that actually know something about this don't care about novelty. I think you're just butthurt cause someone scammed you into thinking that you could make a "premium" profit for these, but you posted them in the wrong place and when called out, you lash out like a badger. So see, we are helpful in keeping OUR patrons away from "novelties" that don't make a difference.

Try to stay classy, and thanks for stopping by! :twisted:

booster

Post by booster »

ironpyro wrote:If someone gave you the option of using either the BA662 or the BA6110 at no additional cost, you would be a bold faced liar if you said it didn't matter to you.
I have two x0xes; 1 with a 662 the other with a 6110 and I prefer the 6110, it definately has a little more welly at top end volume.

I would advise anyone in the process of building a x0x to go for the 6110.

marrrs

Post by marrrs »

If there's still somebody who want those 662a's there's some cheap pull outs on the bay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1pc-OrigGOODusedPUL ... dZViewItem

note: I have nothing to do with the auction, I just wanted to inform you...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”