How do you add a PS/2 keyboard port?

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
choppergirl

How do you add a PS/2 keyboard port?

Post by choppergirl »

Is there an easy way to do this?

adafruit

Re: How do you add a PS/2 keyboard port?

Post by adafruit »

its not -too- bad... i suggest checking out the propeller object exchange. theres example code and schematic. you need 2 pins and +5V and ground. i think i used 3V on a keyboard and it worked ok, but not on another one.

choppergirl

Post by choppergirl »

What I want for my minamilist prop board is VGA out, PS2 in, and ethernet.
(maybe mouse in and sound out and composite out, but mainly my big mandatory 3 ports)
I think I'm going to have to fab something from scratch. :-/

The Hydra has everything but is too expensive, the PropTerm lacks the ethernet, the Spinstudio is modular but too gangly, the Ybox I'd have to piggyback VGA and PS/2 onto. The Propellor Demo board might work with a propnic attached, or I wire up an ethernet chip on the tiny breadboard on it.

I don't look forward to programming in Spin, yet another language to learn, and would rather have something that could at least run a tiny linux.

Maybe try and figure out how to get video out and ps/2 in on a linux stamp; the Atmel seems more robust but also more complicated.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

dunno what to tell you, propeller has many issues and its true that no dev board can do it all. :/ PS/2 is eazy for any microcontroller but video is a pain. so find something that does video the way you like first

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”