Kit not working

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

Re: Kit not working

Post by adafruit »

hmmm. OK :)
is the router 100bt only?

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

no, the router is not 100bt only. its 10/100

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

try:
another router/plug
another cable
check your components and assembly
check both yboxen

that -both- arent working is very unusual, and suggests its NOT the hardware but something networky
although if you reburned the bootloader its rather tough for me to debug if its a firmware problem, yknow?

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

ok, I don't understand the terminology "reburned", I am new to this field. However, I'll try to debug the problem to the best of my knowledge. Thank you very much for all your help. I'll keep you posted.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

what i mean is that you reprogrammed the bootloader instead of using it to bootload new code.
good luck, i am sure you will get it working!

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

what other files I need to upload besides the bootloader?

darco

Post by darco »

If you are seeing "First Boot" more than once, then that means that either:

1) You are using a 32Kb EEPROM when you should be using a 64KB EEPROM.
2) The ybox2 is having trouble writing it's first-time boot information to the EEPROM, likely because of the write-protect issue mentioned in the errata post. (Have a look at my post here for a work-around: <http://ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7747>)

The key problem here is that it keeps saying "First Boot". It should only say that on the first boot, and never say that again. Ever.

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

It's been a long time and still no game. However, I'll check darco's suggestion, thanks for the help, I'll let you guys know if it works.

darco

Post by darco »

Don't worry, I'm sure we will be able to get this figured out and get it working. Just let us know what happens and if it doesn't work we will try something else.

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

So I connect the EEPROM(ATMLU716) Pin 7 to low using one the other pins as you suggested. I reload the bootloader just in case, and man still doing the same thing. By the way this is the first time I have use a parallax microcontroller. Just to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I open up the propeller app then select the bootloader.spin and click on Run->Compile Current-> Load EEPROM. Is that what am I suppose to do? Thanks for all the help.

darco

Post by darco »

Try using this bootloader instead of the one you built from SVN.

The EEPROM code on SVN was broken for a period of time. They should be fixed now, but I *know* that binary works---so give it a try.

BTW: What you thought was the model number is actually the manufacturer and the date code for the chip, so you most likely have the right chip. For example, here is one of mine:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”