Using Adafruit motor shield V2 with stm32 Nucleo64
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Using Adafruit motor shield V2 with stm32 Nucleo64

by anudruth on Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi

I recently bought an Adafruit motor shield v2 and i am trying to use it with an stm32 Nucleo F401 development board. Is it possible to do so?
And if it is possible to use the shield with the STM development board are there any tutorials on doing so as i could not find any?
Last edited by anudruth on Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anudruth

Re: Using Adafruit motor shield V2 with stm32 Nucleo64

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:56 pm

Assuming that the stm32 Nucleo64 board has an i2c interface, it should be possible to drive the motor shield. We are not familiar with the Nucleo64 board. But if it has a board support package for the Arduino IDE, you should be able to use our Arduino libraries.

adafruit_support_bill

by anudruth on Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:29 pm

adafruit_support_bill wrote:Assuming that the stm32 Nucleo64 board has an i2c interface, it should be possible to drive the motor shield. We are not familiar with the Nucleo64 board. But if it has a board support package for the Arduino IDE, you should be able to use our Arduino libraries.

The board i am using is the stm32 Nucleo F401, which is in the Nucleo 64 family. It does have I2C modules. But would you happen to have links to any detailed tutorials for using the shield with this development board?

anudruth

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:39 pm

As I said, we are not familiar with that board, so we do not have any tutorials written for it. We do have libraries and tutorials applicable to boards supported on the Arduino IDE (including some of our own STM32 based boards). Our tutorials are also applicable to boards running CircuitPython. Tutorial links can be found on the product description page.

Connection to the board is straightforward. You just need wires for GND, VCC, SDA and SCL. You can find links to the C++ and Python library source code repositories on the Downloads page of the tutorial.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.