Availibility of Motor Stepper Servo Shield V2.3

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
darby

Availibility of Motor Stepper Servo Shield V2.3

Post by darby »

The Arduino motor shield V2.3 is out of stock. I am signed up for notification, but can you give me an idea of timing.
I have a need for several of these and my being able to communicate timing is important.

I also heard from a friend that these may be replaced with a newer version.
Can you post any information on the newer version or point me in the right direction for this information?

These have been a great product and I really need to be able to plan around their availability.

Thank you.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Availibility of Motor Stepper Servo Shield V2.3

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

darby wrote:I am signed up for notification, but can you give me an idea of timing.
We don't do ETAs. There are too many things in the supply chain we can't control.. especially now with the global parts shortage and shipping mess.. and *way* too many people on the internet who think 'estimated' means 'guaranteed'.

If you need to control timing, you might want to use our design files and manage your own production:

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Mo ... eld-V2-PCB
darby wrote:I also heard from a friend that these may be replaced with a newer version.
That's news to me. If a new version is in development, it will probably use a different PWM generator or H-bridge to compensate for parts with an unacceptably long lead time. I'll ask around though.

We treat product releases the same way as in-stock notifications: we know they're ready to happen about five minutes before they're announced online. Until that moment, any number of things can turn into problems that could force us to change the release date, and we won't release something with known problems just to hit a previously-announced guess. On the flip side, once we know all the problems that could force us to change a release date have been solved, there's no reason to wait before announcing it.

darby

Post by darby »

Thank you very much for the detail and thoughtful reply.

flicker

Post by flicker »

Thank you for the thorough information. I am devastated that this is not available. I hope any version of the shield will be available soon.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”