BLE Shield
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

BLE Shield

by icabodcam on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm working with a non-arduino micro, so I'm having to use SDEP to work with this shield. Unfortunately, no matter what I do I seem to be seeing behavior that doesn't match what I'm understanding from the documentation. Generally once I reset the device (using the RST pin), it is nice and quiet, but as soon as I send a single byte the IRQ pin goes high, and it seems to stay there, no matter how much I read from the device, even when it is returning nothing by FF). Sometimes I'm getting a consistent 80 A1 80 (for which I've note been able to determine what that error indicates), but oftentimes I'm just getting a bunch of junk. I've not seen a single response header yet, which has me really confused.
I do keep seeing references to Command and Data mode, but as this shield has no mode switch, I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the documentation, and I'm in the wrong mode. I've done plenty of diagnostics, so I can follow up with details, if necessary. I'm simply wondering at the moment if there is something that I need to do to in order to change the mode of this device.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

icabodcam

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.