AccelStepper Doesn't stop
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

AccelStepper Doesn't stop

by smappdooda on Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:31 am

I am testing the Motorshield with the default accellStepper multistepper example, and it never reverses. It just spins forward forever.

The stackingtest example doesn't let you change the motor parameters independently right? (I am trying to make it look like 3 items are "floating" and want them to all move at different speeds.)

smappdooda

Re: AccelStepper Doesn't stop

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:07 am

The motors in the Accel_MultiStepper example should reverse. Motor1 should reverse every 24 steps. Motors 2 and 3 should reverse after 50,000 and 100,000 steps respectively. At 100 steps per second max, it will take a while before they reverse.

With the StackingTest example, you can control the speeds individually by eliminating the delay and using millis instead. Similar to how Servo speeds are handled here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/multi-taskin ... ino-part-1

adafruit_support_bill

by smappdooda on Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:56 pm

I agree. They SHOULD reverse but they do not. (even the 24 step one) I have gotten some new motors ordered to see if it's that. Otherwise I am at a loss.

smappdooda

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:31 pm

What motors are you using? How are you powering them? Please post specs and a photo showing how they are wired.
Do the motors reverse when you run the StepperTest example?

adafruit_support_bill

by smappdooda on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:23 pm

After replacing the motors, it seems to be running better. I think the others had too high an amp draw. However, on one of my boards the chip next to the M1 and M2 ports is getting so hot it burned me so I will have to return it from where I got it (amazon).

smappdooda

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.