How to wire 2.8 TFT LCD shield to Leonardo w/ jumper wires
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How to wire 2.8 TFT LCD shield to Leonardo w/ jumper wires

by StevP on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi !

I have an AdaFruit 2.8" TFT LCD Resistive display shield for Arduino. It already works flawlessly with my Uno. Note that I am using Dupont jumper wires to connect the display to the Arduino header, because my project is now in an enclosure, and the display needs to be physically separated from the Arduino. This is not a problem; the Dupont jumper wires work great for this purpose, and the display works flawlessly with the Uno. I installed jumper wires for the pins 13-9 connections, and for power and ground connections. Very easy.

Now, I'd like to use this Adafruit display with my Leonardo, because I need the integrated USB HID feature of the Leonardo. I don't wish to cut traces and solder close the 3 jumpers in order to use it with my Leonardo. Since I am using jumper wires anyway, it seems I shouldn't need to to that. Instead, I'd just like to know which pins of the Adafruit 2.8 TFT to wire to which pins on the Leonardo ICSP 6-pin header. Maybe AdaFruit support has a little graphic showing how they match up somewhere (?).

- Steve

StevP

Re: How to wire 2.8 TFT LCD shield to Leonardo w/ jumper wir

by StevP on Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:43 pm

I figured this out on my own today, so I am no longer looking for an answer.

StevP

Re: How to wire 2.8 TFT LCD shield to Leonardo w/ jumper wir

by franklin97355 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Great! Can you tell others what you did to solve your problem so they don't have to figure it out for themselves?

franklin97355

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.