Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 + TFT LCD Touchscreen
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 + TFT LCD Touchscreen

by Denis1998 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:43 pm

Hello
This is my first time working with Arduino, I'm using an Arduino Uno WiFi Rev 2 and a 2.8inch TFT LCD Touchscreen from Adafruit ( https://www.adafruit.com/product/1651 ). I'm using the Arduino Software IDE 1.8.13 and installed all the libraries that the tutorial on Adafruits Website ( https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-8 ... phics-test ) told me to. To test my touchscreen I tried to run the example sketch from the Adafruit library "ILI9341" called "graphictest". The Code compiles fine but when I upload it I get the following Message:
avrdude: WARNING: invalid value for unused bits in fuse "fuse5", should be set to 1 according to datasheet
This behaviour is deprecated and will result in an error in future version
You probably want to use 0xcd instead of 0xc9 (double check with your datasheet first).

On another topic, I read that this is just a warning and it should work fine anyway, but my TFT screen just stays white and nothing happens after uploading. How do I get my Display to work?

I asked this question already in another topic, the full discussion here: link: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=712837
I may find an answer here thanks in advance!

Denis1998

Re: Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 + TFT LCD Touchscreen

by mikeysklar on Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:05 pm

I suspect this is going to come down to the controller you are using being a UNO WiFi Rev.2. It is unusual and not that well tested. The fuse errors you are seeing upon upload indicate to me that the Arduino App is getting confused about what kind of board (or chip to be more specific) it is talking to. What did you set your "Board" to in the Arduino app. If it is just Arduino Uno Wifi it is not going to work make sure you are set to the Rev.2 version.

mikeysklar

by Denis1998 on Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:57 am

I purposely installed the "Arduino megaAVR Boards" library to set my Board to Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2, so that is not the problem. I also tried setting the Board to Arduino Uno WiFi but with no success.

Denis1998

by mikeysklar on Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:30 pm

Gotcha.

I see the fuse warning is really an issue with avrdude not being up to date on the settings for the UNO WiFi r2.

Have you tried any of the jumper breakouts for the SPI pins used by the TFT Screen? The next thing to look into which pins SPI are available on through your UNO WiFi r2.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-8 ... connecting

TFT Screen Pins
Digital #13 or ICSP SCLK - This is the hardware SPI clock pin. By default its on the 2x3 header. By cutting a jumper and soldering another on the back, you can move this line from ICSP to digital #13. This pin is used for the TFT, microSD and resistive touch screen data clock
Digital #12 or ICSP MISO - This is the hardware SPI Microcontroller In Serial Out pin. By default its on the 2x3 header. By cutting a jumper and soldering another on the back, you can move this line from ICSP to digital #12. This pin is used for the TFT, microSD and resistive touch screen data
Digital #11 or ICSP MOSI - This is the hardware SPI Microcontroller Out Serial In pin. By default its on the 2x3 header. By cutting a jumper and soldering another on the back, you can move this line from ICSP to digital #11. This pin is used for the TFT, microSD and resistive touch screen data
Digital #10 - This is the TFT CS (chip select pin). It's used by the Arduino to tell the TFT that it wants to send/receive data from the TFT only
Digital #9 - This is the TFT DC (data/command select) pin. It's used by the Arduino to tell the TFT whether it wants to send data or commands

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.