Music Maker Shield

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
eranbenjamin

Music Maker Shield

Post by eranbenjamin »

Hi,
I just realized that the earphone (female) jack on my recent-purchased Music Maker has a malfunction - the earphone male connector is pushed back when I insert it in. One of the implication is that I cannot hear stereo, i.e. the right and left earphone provide the same music. I noticed that when I played with the volume of the song (as enabled in one of the example given by the associated SW (AKA player_simple)).
To remove any doubt - I tried other earphone and failed to connect them properly as well.

Can you please advice what should I do?

Thanks!
p.s. I already "worked" on the board and paid someone to solder the connecting headers.

eranbenjamin

Re: Music Maker Shield

Post by eranbenjamin »

Here is an additional info - an image of the headphone jack and an a plugged in headphone.
Please advise, Thanks!
Attachments
HP_jack.jpg
HP_jack.jpg (131.81 KiB) Viewed 475 times

coffeepal

Post by coffeepal »

Hi, perhaps I should start a new thread but I'm new here. I am also new to the world of Arduinos and am very interested in trying to make a drum machine. I think this is the card for me, and I guess I need an Arduino to match. Can anybody please direct me to a good controller to use for this?

Also, I am not seeing in the Adafruit panoply any kind of breakout board for piezo discs, but I'm seeing them elsewhere, and wondering how easy or difficult it will be to incorporate them into the project. I'll include a link for one:

https://www.amazon.com/MakerHawk-Analog ... 7548121839

Any help appreciated.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

@coffeepal Please start a new thread for your question.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

@eranbenjamin Sorry for late response. We wanted to check existing stock and see if there were more like this. Seems like this is hopefully just an odd one, so let's just replace it. Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement Music Maker Shield.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”