StepperTest not working at all out of the box

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
profbisq

StepperTest not working at all out of the box

Post by profbisq »

Hello, trying to figure this out and getting more frustrated as it's making less and less sense why it's working, currently i'm using a motor shield v2.3 with the Adafruit numa 17, https://www.adafruit.com/product/324 linked there. I have it setup with an external variable power supply running at 9v with 0.003amps, on a Elgoo uno R3. When connected exactly how this https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mot ... or-arduino shows it, running the test I get "Stepper test!" in the serial plotter but nothing else. I recently flipped the connection pins upside down because I believe I had them the wrong way, and when doing that i did get the expected messages but throughtout all of this I have gotten no motor spin whatsoever. Please help, thanks!

dastels

Re: StepperTest not working at all out of the box

Post by dastels »

Recheck the current rating on the power supply. 3mA? That seems unreasonably low. And certainly not enough to run a stepper.

Dave

profbisq

Post by profbisq »

dastels wrote:Recheck the current rating on the power supply. 3mA? That seems unreasonably low. And certainly not enough to run a stepper.

Dave
Sorry, meant to say that's the current power draw throughout all the testing, so the motors aren't burning themselves and there isn't a short somewhere.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Please post some photos showing all of your soldering and connections.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”