Data Logger shield on Due
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Data Logger shield on Due

by ryann on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:30 pm

In the Compatibility Guide it states
Arduino Due
The RTC is compatible (when using latest library). Accessing the SD card is possible with the addition of some jumper wires, but difficult due to the fact that the shield obscures the ICSP header where these wires must be connected.
Add jumper wire from pin 11 on shield to ICSP pin 4.
Add jumper wire from pin 12 to ICSP pin 1.
Add jumper wire from pin 13 to ICSP pin 3.
Use the standard SD library (not the Adafruit fork). Do NOT #define SOFTWARE_SPI or MEGA_SOFT_SPI in the library.

I've got pins 11-13 mapped, but after looking at the schematic, could someone confirm that there won't be a problem with the i2c or any of the other pins being pulled up to 5v.

I've got a level shifter, should I run pins 10-13 through it? What about SDA and SCL.

ryann

Re: Data Logger shield on Due

by adafruit_support_rick on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:18 pm

The Due is designed to work with standard shields. You shouldn't have to do any level-shifting on the ICSP/SPI or I2C.

adafruit_support_rick

by ryann on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:41 pm

Does anyone know where I can find the schematics for this board? The version 1.0 board in github is different than the one I just bought. In the shield's documentation it says
There is a way to use other pins...however, the hardware is by default set up for Analog 4 and 5 so lets start with that and then later we'll show how to modify the shield!
but it never does. I was able to cut the trace between analog 4 and SDA, but I can't figure out how to separate SCL and analog 5

ryann

by adafruit_support_rick on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:28 pm

You shouldn't have to cut any traces - as on the Uno, the shield duplicates SCL and SDA on the upper left pins, near Digital 13. Those are SDA1 and SCL1 on the Due.

The schematic is available on the Download page of the Tutorial:
http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-data ... /downloads

adafruit_support_rick

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.