Due to high demand, expect some shipping delays at this time - orders may not ship for up to 2-3 business days.

Datalogger - How to change the RTC i2c pins
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Datalogger - How to change the RTC i2c pins

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:36 am

You can try contacting the author of DigitalIO. If there is no easy resolution that way, the analog multiplexor is a good solution.

adafruit_support_bill

by michaelmeissner on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:20 am

You could also use i2c analog->digital converters. With these, you can also change the precision of the reading from the 10 bits the Arduino gives you to 8-16, depending on your needs.

I would think the path of least resistance would have been either an i2c analog->digital converter or the analog multiplexer.

michaelmeissner

by BuzzNL on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:09 am

I came across the same problem when trying to use the digitalIO library together with the SD card.
Apparently some functions have the same name in digitalIO and in the SD libraries.

I just renamed the functions (and all calls to those functions) that throw the errors in digitalIO to something else. It wasn't that much work.
Just use 'find and replace' in the digitalIO files for the following strings and you should be fine.

Replace 'badPinNumber(' with 'badPinNumber_mod('
Replace 'fastDigitalRead(' with 'fastDigitalRead_mod('
Replace 'fastDigitalWrite(' with 'fastDigitalWrite_mod('

Also, don't use 'SDA_PIN' and 'SCL_PIN' as constants in your main sketch as they conflict too with the SD library, so just rename them too.
That's all. At least, it worked for me.

BuzzNL

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.