Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

resetting
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

by fredler on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:20 am

not sure whether this is related to power requirements (or the particular pins i'm using for rx/tx/rts/etc..?) but i find that my arduino resets sometimes when the xport is connecting to a remote server (i.e. going through its Cxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx routine). once it resets it then goes into a loop resetting each time it gets to the connect stage, and i have to power down the whole thing and start from the beginning again. (this is with an arduino diecimila, powered off either USB or external supply).
fredler

by adafruit on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:31 pm

are you sure that its being powered from the voltage regulator and not the ftdi chip? dont have the jumper next to the 3.3v reg installed.

adafruit

by fredler on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:26 am

that's right, i have no jumper installed (i guess you mean the one right behind the regulator on the shield, with no code number next to it, but between IC1 an CP2).

however my issue is a little inconsistent (and is only noticeable when i've got my arduino attached to the computer for serial debugging, which could be part of the issue) so i'll leave off discussing it further here until i have something more concrete to describe.
fredler

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.