Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

minor error on PCB
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

minor error on PCB

by cairn on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:07 pm

I didn't see this reported anywhere else, and I'm not sure if the forum is the best place for this, but I found a small error on the Motor Shield PCB when I put it together last night. The labels for the optional 5V and GND headers next to the analog pin headers are switched around; the one labeled 5V is actually ground and vice versa. Not too big a deal. Great shield design BTW, very versatile!

cairn

by adafruit on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:00 pm

eek! thanks for the note.

adafruit

May have another

by avalonbeer on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:47 am

This is my first post and am still learning about the hardware side of the wonderful Arduino Decimila and your equally wonderful Motor Shield.

I soldered up the V1.0 and have been testing it with a small dc motor. M1 & M2 are fine, but I had a bit of a scare when I tried M3 & M4. It seems that the lettering on the pcb has them reversed. M3 is labeled as closer to the analog pins with M4 being closer to the Digital pins.

When I ran the sample sketch for those two outputs:
AF_DCMotor motor(4, MOTOR34_8KHZ);
fired up the motor closer to the analog pins.

The reverse occured when calling Motor 3.

This looks like it could be repaired by modifying the #define statements in afmotor.h which look like:
#define MOTOR1_A 2
#define MOTOR1_B 3
#define MOTOR2_A 1
#define MOTOR2_B 4
#define MOTOR3_A 0
#define MOTOR3_B 6
#define MOTOR4_A 5
#define MOTOR4_B 7

----------

Next I get to try and figure out some steppers from the junk box. They are a bit more daunting. Servo's are after that.

avalonbeer

by avalonbeer on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:53 am

Never mind...

5 Minutes after posting this I saw in the "Motor Trouble" post that I'm a month late in reporting this.

avalonbeer

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.