Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

noobie steppin' in
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

noobie steppin' in

by GradeSchool on Fri May 23, 2008 4:59 pm

Hello all.

Big time noobie here. Sub noobie. Fast learner, tho. Thnx in advance.

1. I am going to try using an Arduino Diecimila, Arduino IDE, Mac OSX (10.4.11 PPC), USB. Anyone have problems running the IDE on PPC macs? I know I need the PPC version, just wanted a heads up if anyone has had problems with PPC's and USB on an old mac g4.

2. I need to run 4 steppers. Do I need 2 Arduinos w/ Motor Shields? I've seen the thread on interleaving to control 2 stepper motors simultaneously. Will I be attempting to "interleave" 2 Arduinos as well?

3. Does it make more sense to start with a clone like the BoArduino or "step" right in with an Arduino? Which do you think will be easier for someone who will probably be melting a few boards at first?

Thanks!

GradeSchool
GradeSchool

by adafruit on Fri May 23, 2008 11:43 pm

its not easy to run 4 stepper motors, id start your project with two. get that working the way you want it. then work on integrating a second arduino
id say go with an Arduino, and not a clone, if you're stating because it will be much less confusing

adafruit

by GradeSchool on Sat May 24, 2008 8:47 am

Thanks for the tip(s).

Time to get some motor party started...

GradeSchool
GradeSchool

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.