Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Wave shield not working
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Wave shield not working

by Honus on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi there,
I've just assembled the Wave shield and I'm having trouble getting it working. Sketches load just fine, I've got the latest library and the audio files are correctly encoded. The SD card is a 128mb Sandisk and is correctly formatted. I've tried resetting the Arduino, checked all my soldered connections, checked power connections, etc. Everything seems to be in good order- I'm completely stumped trying to troubleshoot this.

I'm using a Diecimila w/ software version 011

Any help would be greatly appreciated- thanks!
Honus

by Honus on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:26 am

I got it working! It turns out it was the Sandisk SD card after all. I took the card out of my Canon camera and formatted it using my Mac and everything works.

Now I have a new problem- when using the code that plays different sounds when you ground one of the analog input pins (0 - 5) it will only play the first sound. Strange......
Honus

by mooseheadm5 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:38 am

I think ladyada recommends version 10 of the software

mooseheadm5

by Honus on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:05 am

I've tried using version 10. Same results- it will only play the first sound file. I just tried a second SD card (PNY 512mb) with the same problem. Both cards are formatted FAT16 and only the first sound will play. I've tried multiple methods of formatting the cards using both a Mac and PC and the results are always the same. The DAP sketch will also only play the first file. The files were encoded using iTunes.

The interesting thing is that if I relabel the first sound as SOUND2.WAV it plays when I ground analog in 1, while if I relabel the second sound as SOUND1.WAV it still won't play when I ground analog in 0, which leads me to believe it has something to do with the encoding.

I know there's something I'm missing and it's probably something simple..... I'll try re encoding the files and see if that helps.
Honus

by Honus on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:18 am

Got it working! I used a different card and re encoded the files and everything works perfectly. :)
Honus

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.