Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

wave shield stopped working
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

wave shield stopped working

by rmorris on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:55 am

Hi there,
I have been using my waveshield for about three weeks, and up until now it has worked perfectly. Now, however, for every code I upload, I get a "card.init failed" error. Does anyone have any ideas as to why my wave shield would stop working and give this error? I have not changed SD cards or any other hardware parts.
Many thanks for your help!!!
rmorris

by shobley on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:07 pm

I had this happen last night.

I had connected an LED to pin 13 and the Waveshield stopped working. Removing the LED got it working again.

Not sure if it was current drain with the extra LED, or if pin 13 has a dual function.

Steve
shobley

Re: wave shield stopped working

by adafruit on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:18 pm

rmorris wrote:Hi there,
I have been using my waveshield for about three weeks, and up until now it has worked perfectly. Now, however, for every code I upload, I get a "card.init failed" error. Does anyone have any ideas as to why my wave shield would stop working and give this error? I have not changed SD cards or any other hardware parts.
Many thanks for your help!!!

did it suddenly stop working or did you upload new code and it stopped working
try another card perhaps?

adafruit

by rmorris on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:03 pm

I have tried different codes, and I am now routinely getting a "card.init failed" error. I also tried using a different SD card, but its been to no avail. I'm almost done with my project, and am quite sad to see the waveshield not working! If you have any other thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.
thanks!
-Rob
rmorris

by adafruit on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 pm

did it suddenly stop working or did you upload new code and it stopped working

adafruit

by rmorris on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:55 pm

The "card.init failed" error comes intermittently, regardless of the code that is being uploaded. I have been trouble-shooting with just some of the basic code that you list in your examples. Could you imagine this error occurring as a result of the arduino board, and not the shield? I'm tempted to buy another waveshield anyway because I want to use it for multiple projects. Aside from this error, its been awesome so far!
rmorris

by adafruit on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:57 pm

try resetting the board (press the reset button) after bootup
does that help?

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.