Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit joins the Stop Hate for Profit campaign.

arduino wave shield not working
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

arduino wave shield not working

by qu13tk1d on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:51 pm

I have just soldered and uploaded code to the arduino ( newest libraries for the arduino ide and the wave shield libraries) and i get wave test! card init failed.

I have tried multiple sd cards of multiple sizes ranging from 128m to 4 g. I have double checked, formatted to fat 16 default allocation as it is in the tut.

One time as i tried a different card i did not get a card init failed but it just said wave test and as i listened i could hear nothing no sound. I have also made sure to file step by step how to convert an mp3 to a wav multiple times over in itunes and still nothing.

I even formated the sd in a camera that allowed me to format and placed the wav at the root, inside one folder and inside the next hoping it would hit one of em and read it but still nothing. Now for all the cards it says card init failed not sure why but even the one that just said wave test is now doing it.

I have tried reseting it w/ the reset button and reuploading the code unplug replug, head phones work fine on other devices, i checked all the soldering and placement of parts, no burnt smells either so everything should b a ok.

I did notice how ever that in the picture in the tut it has a bit rate of 256 kbps wen i convert my mp3 they're in the 356ish kbps range now the tut doesnt specify wether or not the bit rate is important or not but just wondering if that has anything to do with it and if so how can i change it to 256 kbps?

I hope this is enough information i have looked on this forum for help and all the remedies have not worked for me could some one please help?
qu13tk1d

by adafruit on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:00 pm

it sounds like a soldering problem
you should post photos of the kit

adafruit

by qu13tk1d on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Yes it was soldering upon further inspection and alot more light i found a spot that leaked a bit over into another. The device works great now and I am very pleased with it. Next step for me would be to get mp3 playabiltiy. Would i have to find another DAC that supports mp3 and/or edit any of the lib code?
qu13tk1d

by adafruit on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:47 pm

yes you would pretty much have to redesign the whole thing for use with an mp3 decoder chip

adafruit

by AnsonTsao on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:55 am

It never worked. The card initialized, and partition is open, but hangs right after that. I tried a smaller, older 8mb SD card, and that one did not hang but returned after not being able to open the file system.
AnsonTsao

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.