Waveshield works only with Arduino 0011 - FTM

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
antimony

Waveshield works only with Arduino 0011 - FTM

Post by antimony »

Just want to say thank you to those of you that figured this out. I was struggling with my newly soldered waveshield for weeks until I went through the forum with a fine tooth comb. I found a couple posts alluding to this, and gave it a try. It worked beautifully (after I had soldered, unsoldered and resoldered). If anyone has any idea why this is, please let me know. Seems like an odd glitch.

emily :D

adafruit

Re: Waveshield works only with Arduino 0011 - FTM

Post by adafruit »

yes the v12 thing is a sad mystery. im going to get it working for v13 which is coming out soon and i have a beta copy!

sawmac

Post by sawmac »

Thanks so much for this post. I'd been using Arduino 0012 and couldn't get the shield to work. It's just been collecting dust in a box, until I re-visited the forums and found this post.

However, I can't even use Arduino 0011 to work -- I get this error when I try to compile any of the sketches for the shield "/Applications/arduino-0011/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.0.2/../../../../avr/bin/ld: Please report this bug."

Fortunately, using Arduino 0010, I can get it to work. Happy days.

cheers

--dave

davemcclellan

Post by davemcclellan »

Would this be the reason my WaveShield can read the SD card, but cannot not play audio - either through the speaker or phones? I resoldered every joint and double-checked my adherence to the instructions (which were excellent!) yesterday. I can get a directory of the files on the card, open one (and get a complaint from the lib if the file is not in the preferred sampling rate/format, so that checks out). But I get no sound either over phones or speaker output when I do wave.play() (no error, either). Being a software guy, I can check connectivity, resistances, and smell the ozone from frying parts, but past that I'm not much good at debugging hardware.

I'll go look for the 0011 and 0010 IDE's and try them out tonight.

By the way, I run Ubuntu on the laptop I use to code for and upload to the Arduino. Is there anything I can do software-wise (beta-test, code?) to help out on the 0012 or 0013 IDE ports, including to the Atmega328?

Thanks - Dave

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yes, look at the 'new library' thread

davemcclellan

Post by davemcclellan »

Thanks for post and new lib. Wave Shield works for me now. Setup:
Board: Arduino NG + Wave Shield (with assembly adaptations for NG per instructions)
Dev OS: Ubuntu 8.10, including most recent Ubuntu-blessed Java
Arduino-0013 IDE - the second release (title says "Arduino - 0013 Alpha"
LadaAda's AF_WAV library dated 18-02-09

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”