What is the minor edit of the Uzebox core?

Moderator: adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nic_rf

What is the minor edit of the Uzebox core?

Post by nic_rf »

Hi,

I have question, what is the minor edit of the Uzebox core? Because, the version is available, and it's possible to download : Here
Information Topic on Uzebox

Plz
Thank you
Bye

Excuse me for my bad English I am french...

uze6666

Re: What is the minor edit of the Uzebox core?

Post by uze6666 »

What do you mean by "minor edit"? You can also clarify in French, cuz i'm also French... :)

Uze

nic_rf

Post by nic_rf »

Okey, sa va être un peu plus facile,

Bon, sur le forum de uzebox, la version 4 du firmware est sorti. Mais sur le site de fuzebox, la version disponible est la 2e. Donc j'ai penser installer la dernière version sur ma futur fusebox(j'attends toujours le pièces), mais bon, il est inscrit sur le site web : This code is a minor edit of the Uzebox core. Donc, la question était ; quel est ce petit changement, pour pouvoir l'intro duire a la version 4...
Svp
Merci

uze6666

Post by uze6666 »

Ok, la petite modif concernait l'activation de la pin CE du AD725 (sur mon prototype, la pin CE est a VCC). Depuis la version 3, tu peut utiliser n'importe quelle version du firmware pour ta Fuzebox sans problemes. En fait c'est pas vraiment un firmware, mais plutot un 'kernel'+librarie.

Hehe, c'est amusant de parler francais sur le Net des fois... :mrgreen:

Uze

English translation: The change concerned the activation of the CE pin of the AD725. Since V3, the change is incorporated and you can use any versions of the firmware for your Fuzebox. In fact, it's not really a firmware, but a 'kernel' and library.

Nender

Post by Nender »

So does this mean that I can compile and download the latest uzebox firmware and it will run with no problems?

uze6666

Post by uze6666 »

Sure, if the user code is made for it. In other words, using the new kernel with games made ages ago will probably not compile due to a lot of functions being improved/removed/changed as time goes. If you download branch v4-beta in gCode, all demos in there uses the new kernel so everything will be honky dory.

Uze

Nender

Post by Nender »

Good to know. I don't know why I was under the impression that they weren't compatible. Thanks for the prompt response, and thank you for all the time and energy you have put into this project.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Fuzebox (discontinued)”