Fuzebox - back in stock timeframe?

Moderator: adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
josthosul

Fuzebox - back in stock timeframe?

Post by josthosul »

Hey all,
I'm new to the forums, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this. I really want to get the Fuzebox Starter Pack (but ever since I've seen it, it has been out of stock). I have fallen instantly in love with the design and would like to be able to take advantage of the sale price to get a full Fuze setup (100.00 is a nice price). My question is thus, when will the product be back in stock? I'm not asking for an exact date - more like if there is some kind of delay preventing it from getting back in stock. I have noticed a lot of the components sold by adafruit that make up the kit are also getting sold out - so I'm worried that individual inventory will take forever to overlap. Also, I'm curious whether it will still be on sale when it does come back. I really want to get to making it soon!

adafruit

Re: Fuzebox - back in stock timeframe?

Post by adafruit »

hi,

thanks for the note! there isn't an ETA at this time.

thanks,
adafruit

rwizard

Post by rwizard »

Perhaps you could share a bit more info with your loyal fans ?

The Fuzebox is one of several items that I have been experiencing time dilation with (10 to 14 days in your space-time has been a much longer period in mine).

Are you having some sort of supply/inventory issue on a more general scale? What, specifically, is the hangup with the Fuzebox? Will it ever be back in stock? Should I just download the Eagle files and go it on my own? I'd much rather send the money to you.

I am also wondering about "Microbuilder LPC1343 2.8" TFT Touch LCD+SD breakout board" and "2.8 TFT Touch Shield for Arduino - 2.8" (along with some other things).

We're loyal folks, and we can be patient, but it is much easier to be patient when one doesn't suspect that they are being treated like a mushroom. A little proactive communication can go a very long way towards keeping unruly mobs of peasants from taking up torches and pitchforks ;^) .

Not trying to be a troublemaker, just trying to know what is going on so I can make decisions about whether to continue patiently waiting, or to look for other options.

Thanks!

uze6666

Post by uze6666 »

Well, it *seems* Adafruit won't be making 'em anymore. The kits from the Fuzebox section are all gone. :( But there's hope, the Uzebox site has open a store a couple months ago and now sells kits based on the Uzebox reference design from which the Fuzebox is based upon. Maybe that's just what you were looking for. :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Uze

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

uze6666 wrote:Well, it *seems* Adafruit won't be making 'em anymore. The kits from the Fuzebox section are all gone. :( But there's hope, the Uzebox site has open a store a couple months ago and now sells kits based on the Uzebox reference design from which the Fuzebox is based upon. Maybe that's just what you were looking for. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Uze
hi uze6666,

the kits are not there at this time since we do not have an ETA as to when we'll have them again, we'll be making a post about this soon.

thanks,
adafruit

burpees_NH

Post by burpees_NH »

FYI guys, Just passing this along because there hasn't been a visible statement on this product here.

On the Adafruit show ~3 weeks ago I asked if the Fuzebox was coming back, and the answer was no, and we should look at the Uzebox store. (but when I did, the first link I clicked went to the Sparkfun site... They too have dropped Uzebox).

I would interpret the AF show statement as also meaning the previously mentioned (Forum post June 11 2011) Adafruit Uzebox redesign won't materialize, but I that's interpretation (who knows).

Good news is Uzebox Sells direct, and has 3 choices (pcb only, base parts, and a complete ). Uzebox direct don't have a case?.. and I might add here, the unavailable Adafruit Uzebox case looked awesome!

Just passing this along because I know some folks were holding their breath.

Jaibly

Post by Jaibly »

In it something is. Clearly, thanks for an explanation.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Fuzebox (discontinued)”