"Unstable" behaviour

Moderator: adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
enfiskutensykkel

"Unstable" behaviour

Post by enfiskutensykkel »

Hi

I'm new to electronics and soldering, but I managed (or at least think I've managed) to put the Fuzebox more or less together. I do however have some problems with it, as it seems to be quite "unstable". "Unstable" meaning it freezes most of the time, and -even more annoying- resets if I barely touch it.

It does seem to boot properly, and the "ka-ching" sound and the Uzebox logo appears. The "Hello world from fuzebox" worked OK (except the annoying restarting part whenever I get near it/touch it). The spritedemo loads, but freezes instantly almost every time.

I know it could be a result of many things (perhaps a cold joint somewhere?), but has anyone experienced a similar behaviour and/or may have a hunch or suspicion of what might cause this?

enfiskutensykkel

Re: "Unstable" behaviour

Post by enfiskutensykkel »

Okay, I think I've solved the problem. Apparently, the "constant restarting and image freezing" issue only occurs if the P1 SNES Controller isn't plugged in. Even though, if anybody know why this is so, I would really like to know. :wink:

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yes! this occured with old versions of the kernel (basically it 'thinks' you pressed all the keys together)
its easy to avoid: plug in the joypad
but i'm pretty sure its been fixed in the recent kernels...?

uze6666

Post by uze6666 »

Yeah, I tough that controller thing was fixed for good. (I basically disabled that reset code!) :) Btw, I also experienced that reboot-when-I-touch-the-pcb thing on the unit I built. I never found why, perhaps I had a cold join or something?

Uze

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Fuzebox (discontinued)”