Connecting FB to computer

Moderator: adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SolG3

Connecting FB to computer

Post by SolG3 »

The fuzebox has an S-video port and a video and audio port to connect to television sets, is there anyway for the fuzebox to connect to a PC or laptop in order to test out the programs. I am asking this because i do not have easy access to a TV in order for me to test out my programs. So if there is a way to connect the ports threw usb and maybe emulate a TV on a pc that would be great. All input is appreciated :D

Thank You
SolG3 :mrgreen:

jleemero

Re: Connecting FB to computer

Post by jleemero »

Capture Card.

Many available, including USB ones.

tim1724

Post by tim1724 »

there are a number of video input devices available to input composite or s-video into a computer.

an easy way to test programs though is to use the uzebox emulator: http://www.uzebox.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=187

much faster than reprogramming your AVR every time you edit your code.

SolG3

Post by SolG3 »

tim1724 wrote:there are a number of video input devices available to input composite or s-video into a computer.

an easy way to test programs though is to use the uzebox emulator: http://www.uzebox.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=187

much faster than reprogramming your AVR every time you edit your code.
Thank you for this information i never knew there was a emu for the uzebox. This is great :D

Thanks
SolG3 :mrgreen:

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i have to update the docs at the ladyada.net page to add in the tons of stuff that has happened in the last few months...been so busy!

uze6666

Post by uze6666 »

Yep the Uzebox emulator rocks and is cycle perfect. And if you guys like it, leave a good comment to the freak who developed it, Dave Etherton (get over to the Uzebox forums for that). :)
i have to update the docs at the ladyada.net page to add in the tons of stuff that has happened in the last few months...been so busy!
Hehe, and more to come! Very, very soon, the first SD card application! And it's gonna rock...literally. :mrgreen:

Stay tuned!

Uze

mattl

Post by mattl »

Any emulators for GNU/Linux? :)

smadin

Post by smadin »

The emulator uses SDL, and is available as source, so it should be possible to get it running on Linux with little to no trouble. It runs fine on Mac OS X.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Fuzebox (discontinued)”