Welcome Mike Stone to the Adafruit Support team!

Forum announcements

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BeerCannon

Re: Welcome Mike Stone to the Adafruit Support team!

Post by BeerCannon »

Welcome, Mike. I'm sure you'll have opportunites to set my n00b butt staight on more than one occasion! Thanks in advance!

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

macrutan wrote:Welcome! Wow, The Adafruit team just grows stronger and stronger. So, please describe that beautiful analog board posted in the image with this thread. I'm loving the treatment of the resistors. They are like masts on a tall ship! Tell us Mike, what does that board do? I look forward to asking you things!
Actually, that one's digital.. :oops: It isn't very exciting either. I built it to test some logic chips from a family that was new to me.

The chip at 6:00 is a 74LVC14 hex schmitt inverter, one gate of which is connected to the resistor and cap to make a relaxation oscillator. At 8:00 we have a 74LVC393 dual 4-bit timer, one side of which is being clocked by the '14. At 11:00 is a 74LVC125 quad buffer which takes its input from the pins of the counter and drives the LEDs. The LED on the left blinks every other clock pulse, and each of the others blinks half as fast as the one to its left.

The performance tests involved changing the input voltage and oscillator frequency to see how the parts behaved under different conditions. The LEDs are there because hey.. LEDs. ;-)

macrutan

Post by macrutan »

That's too cool. Thanks for sharing that. Keep posting pictures of stuff too, it inspires us all.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Announcements”