You love it!

Forum announcements

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
magician13134

Re: You love it!

Post by magician13134 »

Also, I've noticed that I now see new posts that I've seen before, unless I actually read to topic or log out. It used to mark them all as read when you closed the browser or left the forum or whatever

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i consider that a bug fix. :>

koolkat

Post by koolkat »

Can you turn on BBCode?

EDIT: hmmm...BBCode is on in every other forum except this one...

niksun

Post by niksun »

I liked the old way of links opening in a new window/tab. Now they open in the same one, and I hate to have to click on the back button! :D

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

[quote="ladyada"]i consider that a bug fix. :>[/quote]
Was this directed at my comment about the read posts?
If so, I kinda liked it the old way, now the 'unread' posts pile up really quickly. Also a quick note, I just logged out, then back in and everything is still 'unread'....

eil

Post by eil »

[quote="niksun"]I liked the old way of links opening in a new window/tab. Now they open in the same one, and I hate to have to click on the back button! :D[/quote]

So you open *every* link in a new tab/window? If so, you're really just substituting the X (either on a window or tab) for a back button, right? :)

You can enable this functionality easily in your browser, anyway. All browsers that I'm aware of can be set up to open links in a new tab/window when you click the link with your middle mouse button. Some (Firefox, at least) do this by default.

eil

Post by eil »

[quote="magician13134"]Also, I've noticed that I now see new posts that I've seen before, unless I actually read to topic or log out. It used to mark them all as read when you closed the browser or left the forum or whatever[/quote]

There is a link in each forum that says "mark topics read". It marks all topics in a forum as read without having to actually having to read each one. This gives more control for people who don't necessarily read every forum each time they log on but still want to keep abreast of new threads. Whenever I'm done reading the interesting topics I click on that link and either go back to the forum listing or log out. Worksforme! :)

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

[quote="eil"][quote="magician13134"]Also, I've noticed that I now see new posts that I've seen before, unless I actually read to topic or log out. It used to mark them all as read when you closed the browser or left the forum or whatever[/quote]

There is a link in each forum that says "mark topics read". It marks all topics in a forum as read without having to actually having to read each one. This gives more control for people who don't necessarily read every forum each time they log on but still want to keep abreast of new threads. Whenever I'm done reading the interesting topics I click on that link and either go back to the forum listing or log out. Worksforme! :)[/quote]

Ok, I guess that's a valid option.

koolkat

Post by koolkat »

Hey, is it possible for you to make it so that when you click on a link that someone has posted it opens it in a new window(or tab)?

Thanks

amberwolf

Post by amberwolf »

Would be nice for that to be the default, though remember you can hold CTRL and click, or middle-click if you have a 3-button+ mouse, and get a new tab in most browsers.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Announcements”