📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Attention all domestic customers! Please place UPS Ground and USPS First Class & Priority orders by 11am ET Monday December 9, 2019 📬❄️📦 Attention all international customers! Please place all UPS WORLDWIDE EXPRESS; SAVER, and DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE orders by 11am ET Monday December 9, 2019 📬❄️📦

Checking for working XBee on Serial
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Checking for working XBee on Serial

by jgarbers on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:31 pm

I'd like my code to be able to verify that my XBee module is properly connected and working, and take some action (like blink an LED) if something is wrong with it. I'm currently using the XBee connected to the hardware Serial1 port on an Arduino MEGA. Is there some way, other than waiting for some inbound message (which may not be for a while in my application) to confirm that the XBee is up and running?

jgarbers

Re: Checking for working XBee on Serial

by franklin97355 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Which module are you using and have you tried using any of the handshaking lines?

franklin97355

Re: Checking for working XBee on Serial

by jgarbers on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks for the help! I'm pretty sure it's a series 3 XBee with the PCB antenna. I don't think the handshaking lines are currently connected. Could you suggest a reference on (1) what pins on the XBee I would need to connect, and (2) how I would detect the XBee by reading or manipulating those pins?

jgarbers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.