XBEE + Magnetometer (lsm303)

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mtanquary

XBEE + Magnetometer (lsm303)

Post by mtanquary »

This project solves a problem I was looking for. However, one thing I need to do is make the connection between the magnetometer and the arduino/servo wireless so there are no wires to get tangled.

Because of the way it works and my project needs, I need the magnetometer to be by itself with an XBee and the arduino/servo/xbee on the other end of things. This would provide a wireless link between the arduino and the magnetometer.

The problem I have is getting the comms set up between the arduino and the mag. The code seems to require the mag to be connected to the arduino itself. Can you please point me toward some code that would allow me to sample the mag wirelessly via xBee?

Summary: Create a wireless communication between arduino and mag via XBee: Arduino/XBee/Servo on one side, and XBee/Magnetometer on the other side.

Thank you!

Franklin97355

Re: XBEE + Magnetometer (lsm303)

Post by Franklin97355 »

The LSM303 uses i2c for communications and I don't think the xbee can pass that protocol. You could use a Pro Trinket, Metro Mini, or Feather to communicate between the xbee and the LSM303.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”