Possible defective Parallax Xbee Adapter

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ajohnsonlaird

Possible defective Parallax Xbee Adapter

Post by ajohnsonlaird »

On order #1182884-8918883699 on August 10, 2016 I ordered up four of the USB adapters along with some Series 1 Xbee Pro Modules.

As part of my normal acceptance testing for new components/boards, I tested the adapters and modules using Digi's XCTU (aka X-CTU) software I was able to detect and configure all four Xbee PRO S1s. However, one of the Parallax adapter boards would not allow the XCTU software to detect any of Xbee PRO S1 boards I plugged into it.

I configured the X-CTU to scan through multiple baud rate, no. of data bits, parity, stop bits and flow control, but this one particular Parallax adapter board would not allow any of the Xbee Pros S1s to be detected.

Therefore, I presume that this particular Parallax breakout board has a fault which prevents the X-CTU from communicating correctly with the Xbee Pro boards. I am attaching images of the top and bottom surface of the board.

Might it be possible to return it to you for replacement, please?
Attachments
2016-08-30 14.42.24.jpg
2016-08-30 14.42.24.jpg (713.97 KiB) Viewed 2464 times
2016-08-30 14.42.15.jpg
2016-08-30 14.42.15.jpg (626.17 KiB) Viewed 2464 times

Franklin97355

Re: Possible defective Parallax Xbee Adapter

Post by Franklin97355 »

Please contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and they will help you get a replacement adapter.

ajohnsonlaird

Post by ajohnsonlaird »

Hi: Thanks for the response. Actually, it was Zay at support@adafruit,com who directed me to post on this forum. But I will contact him again with a link to this posting as you suggest (although I have a faint feeling I might be in an infinite loop here! <grin>)

Andy.

Hi Andy!

Thanks for note! Our colleagues in the engineering and technical support forums will assist you with this type of question. They are also able to authorize replacements if necessary.

Please create a post in the appropriate forum here: http://www.adafruit.com/forums/

Here are some tips to help you place your support post:

1) Tell us what product you are asking about, your Adafruit order number, and when you purchased the item.
2) Post clear photos, focused, and detailed pictures of the front and back of the boards, as well as any connections to the board.
3) For software issues, please post the complete text of your IDE's error message. Please use the

Code: Select all

tag when posting error message as well as code.
4) If you are having trouble with a code sketch, please post or link to your entire source code. Again, please use the [code] tag when posting code.
5) If you are building a project from the Learning System, please post a link to the page you are having difficulty with.

For more details about posting on the technical support, check out our Customer
Support Forum video here: http://youtu.be/HnTXXu9Bve0

Thank you,
Adafruit support, Zay[/i]

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

(although I have a faint feeling I might be in an infinite loop here! <grin>)
Nope,our tech support is done through the forums and if we don't get a chance to fix the problem (you'd be surprised how many problems can be fixed with a bit of assistance from others) we can't determine if the part is actually bad. Support needs us to try resolving the problem and then authorizing the replacement if needed.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”