Smart home XBee and Neopixel

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
diiiz_

Smart home XBee and Neopixel

Post by diiiz_ »

Hey, as this my first post my experience with Arduino boards and the Zigbee protocol is pretty non extistent. But I want to learn how to use those things for other projects.

My plan is to buy a homee hub with zigbee. Then use this to control the neopixel's light.
My thinking is that I need a XBee unit like this https://www.adafruit.com/product/968 to communicate with the hub. The module's data will be processed by a Controller like a ??feather?? or Arduino? (please advice me to the right one) And then the controller sets the light. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
I hope someone can help get on the right tracks so I can start making my smart home possible.
Thanks!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Smart home XBee and Neopixel

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

You can use any sort of Arduino or feather (except a Trinket or Gemma). Depends on which one has a good form-factor for your application.

BTW, don't bother with the XBee USB adapter. You can't use that with Arduino. It's strictly for computers.

diiiz_

Post by diiiz_ »

Ok, thanks!

Is it possible to recieve data through Zigbee and process them to the Feather board?
If yes, are there any tutorials?

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

As far as I know, you just configure the XBee/ZigBee as a serial port and read the data that way.

ZigBee is a bit more difficult to configure than XBee. Can you use regular XBee modules?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”