Wanted python - xbee code writer

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
randykarr

Wanted python - xbee code writer

Post by randykarr »

After building a tweetawatt I want more.
I am working on a whole house project and want to do as much as possible in python and xbee devices.

I need to be able to turn off and on the digital I/O's on the xbee's and maybe access the DAC for dimmers
I would compensate you (modestly) for some help and share what I have written/learned so far.

[email protected]
Last edited by randykarr on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

richms

Re: Wanted python - xbee code writter

Post by richms »

DMX is great for dimming, lots on the DIYchristmas site that will show how to do that, PWM like on a xbee needs lots of analog smoothing and then a sawtooth wave to get to do phase angle dimming. Not recommended IMO.

Unless you have your heart set on just using the xbees I would go and check out the DIY christmas lighting show site http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/ - lots of the work is already done on there on various microcontrollers and they have details about doing it safely etc.

randykarr

Re: Wanted python - xbee code writter

Post by randykarr »

Thanks much the DMX is way cool and available, but I want wireless, xbee, and big items like turn off pool pump, or charge my PEV.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”