Kill-a-watt green LED will not flash

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Gordon

Kill-a-watt green LED will not flash

Post by Gordon »

Hello,

I purchased your Tweet-a-Watt kit. I assembled the receiver board and plugged in the first Zigbee module and everything worked great. I get the flashing green LED and the X-CTU software communicates with the Zigbee module. All is good!

Then I unplugged the FTDI cable from the USB port, removed the first Zigbee, plugged in the second Zigbee, and plugged the FTDI cable back into the USB port and the LED does not flash and the X-CTU software errors out.

Replaced the second Zigbee with the first one and everything works again. Put the second Zigbee back in and the LED still does not flash.

I tried the reset procedures (at least five times) in the forum, but it did not work.

Do you have any other recommendations or is it just a bad module?

Thank you,
Gordon

adafruit

Re: Kill-a-watt green LED will not flash

Post by adafruit »

it sounds like a dead module. email support@adafruit to request a replacement, but try to be careful with them, they're quite ESD sensitive :)

Gordon

Re: Kill-a-watt green LED will not flash

Post by Gordon »

Yep, it was a bad XBee. The new one works just fine. I am using the EnergyLogger software and I am up and running.

Time to develope some custom Visual Basic code.

Thanks for your support, you Rock!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”