XBee series 2 Point2Point example not working

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
treaves

XBee series 2 Point2Point example not working

Post by treaves »

I've purchased two S2C radio's, with adapter boards. Testing everything out, I'm going through the series of pages, and am on the Point2Point page, which is really the last thing I needed to test before using them in a project. The issue I'm having is that neither seem to be transmitting.

For both radio's, I can connect to them, check and change their baud speeds, check and check their network ID's. But when I'm just typing text, the red LED does not flash, and when I run the sketch on the Point2Point page, again, no red LED, and nothing appears from the other on either console.

I have one radio with FDDI cable, and one hooked up to an UNO, just as in the page. The page does have a warning that it was written for the version one radio's not the version two radio's I have, but it just says to refer to the radio's data sheet for differences.

I believe I've soldered the boards correctly, as I can interact with the radio's. I do not believe I've soldered the red LED's in wrong, unless there was a defect with the silkscreening. But, it can't be just the LED, as nothing appears transmitted from one to the other either.

Any ideas?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: XBee series 2 Point2Point example not working

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The Series 2 radio module configuration is substantially different from the Series 1 modules. They are primarily designed for mesh networks, but you can set them up for point-to-point. Here are a couple of tutorials on the subject.

http://adventuresinarduinoland.blogspot ... 2-p2p.html
http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2012/03/0 ... unication/

treaves

Re: XBee series 2 Point2Point example not working

Post by treaves »

And I am wanting to use them for mesh (well, I do believe it's actually spoke & hub, as each radio is either a router or a node, not both, so it can't be mesh). I'm really just wanting a tutorial to use to check out that the radio's are working correctly, and that I've soldered the boards properly.

I'll check out the links you reference. Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”