General XBee Inquiry (API and a Digital Input)

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CP_LCV

General XBee Inquiry (API and a Digital Input)

Post by CP_LCV »

So, I've been using this tutorial on YouTube to learn about the XBee. However, I've reached the part where I'm using one in API mode to read a digital input and transmit the state (high or low). However, in the tutorial he is using a series 2 and I'm still on a series 1. So, while his packet is 21 chunks, mine is only 14. The transmission looks like this:

7E 00 0A 83 00 00 30 00 01 00 10 00 10 2B

I know the first piece is the Start and the last one is the Stop, but is there a table somewhere that explains what the rest of the pieces represent so I can determine which is the data from the pin? I've gone through the Xbee manual but I don't see anything about it.

CP_LCV

Re: General XBee Inquiry (API and a Digital Input)

Post by CP_LCV »

[UPDATE]

Alright, using the XCTU software I realized it explains to me what each chunk of data means.

Next step: does anyone know of good tutorials that have to do with using Xbees and arduinos? specifically at this moment I'm looking for one that has to do with transmitting a digital input.

Currently I can see the hex string on my serial monitor and I see the data changing depending on if I am pulling the pin high or low, however, I don't know how to grab that specific data and say 'ok, if this is high, do this...if this is low, do this...'

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Quite a few to choose from here.

CP_LCV

Post by CP_LCV »

Well, I see a lot of tutorials for how to set up an xbee using an Arduino and a shield, but I have yet to find any that have to do with using the xbee as far as inputs and outputs.

Adafruit made this video which basically shows exactly what I want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAlEL6mWbBc

Except there's no instruction.

Does anyone know of a specific tutorial/video/stone tablet that talks about this sort of thing? Should I be reading up more on serial communication with an arduino?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Google has these links.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”