Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Ice Tube clock works, but for one thing: no time
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Ice Tube clock works, but for one thing: no time

by robhafernik on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi,

Great kit, I had fun putting it together (except for the part where I had to stop and have a drink while getting the tube connected to the daughter board). I switched it on and everything works, except for one thing: it doesn't tell time.

I can hit the menu button and go through all of the settings and everything behaves OK. When I'm done, however, it never goes into "clock mode" and starts showing the time. It just stays in "menu mode".

I'm guessing this is something to do with the crystal or C8 and C9, would this be your opinion as well?

Thanks for a great kit, keep them coming!

robhafernik

Re: Ice Tube clock works, but for one thing: no time

by adafruit on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:03 pm

it could definitely be the crystal. it sounds like there is no interrupt that starts the clock which would mean the crystal is not oscillating. if you have a scope or freq counter now would be a great time to break it out :D

adafruit

by robhafernik on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Sadly, no equipment available. I've re-soldered the joints and looked at it all under magnification, but I just don't see any problems. Can I order replacements for just the two caps and the crystal? Maybe I got a bad part, or damaged it somehow while soldering...

robhafernik

by adafruit on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:23 pm

there is a parts list on the website, you can also post a nice clear photo of your kit top & bottom

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.