Clock Code
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Clock Code

by jpkelly on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:59 am

Forgive my ignorance but can the AVR chip programmed in the same manner as an Arduino?
I downloaded the firmware hoping to see a .pde file that I could open with the Arduino application.

jpkelly

Re: Clock Code

by mike31416 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:20 am

I think they used the WinAVR development environment. I believe the project can be converted to the Arduino environment. I have a document (work in progress) that describes how to setup the WinAVR environment for the clock project. I have tested the compile but have not done an upload to the device because I am waiting for my USBtinyISP to arrive. The document is attached.

Mike
Attachments
AVR Development Environment Setup rev09292009.txt
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

mike31416

Re: Clock Code

by mtbf0 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:28 am

if you have a working arduino environment, i'm pretty sure you already have everything you need to compile the ice tube code. you will need an isp programmer to upload code to the clock though, because it doesn't have a bootloader.

you can edit the clock firmware with any text editor. then in a dos window cd to the directory containing the clock files. type "make" to build the firmware. type "make program" to load the firmware onto the chip. the makefile assumes that you have an usbtinyisp connected as COM1.

the usbtinyisp is an isp programmer available from ladyada as a kit. whether or no windows will see it on COM1 seems to be a matter of luck.
"i want to lead a dissipate existence, play scratchy records and enjoy my decline" - iggy pop, i need more
mtbf0

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.